F.A.S.T. Future Admission Scholars Track
For some Pharm.D. applicants, finishing a bachelor's degree before pharmacy school is important. The UMKC School of Pharmacy faculty would like future applicants to concentrate on undergrad while knowing their future in a prestigious Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program looks great.
That is why the Future Admission Scholars Track (F.A.S.T.) was developed. Future Pharm.D. students who meet specified criteria can apply during their sophomore or junior year of college. Students accepted to F.A.S.T. will have an inside track on the application process their senior year.
Please note: applicants wishing to start the Pharm.D. program in Fall 2024 should review the Pharm.D. application process and apply via PharmCAS now.Review application process and apply
- Personalized pharmacy advising
- Networking opportunities with Pharm.D. faculty and students
- Focused program information
- PharmCAS and interview preparation
- Application plan that fits your education timeline
Applicant Minimum Requirements
Applicants should complete at least 45 credit hours, including the following courses with a grade of C or higher:
- English Composition 1
- English Composition 2 or Communication Studies
- Calculus or Physics or Statistics with lab
- General Chemistry 1 with lab
- General Chemistry 2 with lab
- Organic Chemistry 1
- General Biology 1 or 2
- Human Anatomy or Microbiology or Cell Biology
F.A.S.T. Application Steps
Step 1: fill out the F.A.S.T. form
Share your information with the School of Pharmacy by filling out the form.
Step 2: Send your transcripts
Use your school email account to send us your unofficial transcripts from all the schools you've previously attended.
Step 3: Speak with the Pharmacy Office of Student Affairs
Applicants will be contacted to schedule a meeting with a member of the Pharmacy Office of Student Affairs.
After acceptance to F.A.S.T., applicants will receive a letter defining the formal application process that includes:
- Remaining prerequisite courses
- PharmCAS application timeline
- Formal admissions interview
- Criminal background check information