Students at the UMKC School of Pharmacy have the opportunity to experience their education at a site that meets their personal needs with great facilities, learn from our award winning faculty, lead an engaged student life, and have the opportunity of a lifetime.
Experience your education at a site that meets your personal needs
- Kansas City, the City of Fountains, is a major metropolitan center with a population of over two million people. Kansas City has world class arts and entertainment, an enthusiastic professional and collegiate sports scene, and of course world-famous barbeque.
- Columbia sits in the heart of Missouri and is home to about 120,000 citizens. Columbia has a vibrant student life that includes NCAA Division I athletics, great dining and the arts. The Columbia area is home to many outdoor activities with easy access to a large network of hiking and biking trails.
- Springfield-Branson hmetropolitan area is home to over 525,000 people. Springfield has a strong economy based in health care, manufacturing, retail, education, and tourism. The area is also a great launching point for outdoor recreation areas close to the Ozarks and Table Rock Lake.
Study at an Established Program with Ongoing Success that Offers a Contemporary Education
- The UMKC School of Pharmacy is a fully accredited school that has been in existence since 1885 when it was known as the Pharmaceutical Department of the University of Kansas City.
- The Kansas City, Columba and Springfield sites each has space dedicated to the education of doctor of pharmacy students. Students and faculty at all three sites are connected virtually through live synchronous video conferencing technology. Students can interact real-time with their professors and classmates via up-to date technology. To schedule a visit at any of our sites please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- UMKC prepares students with a deep knowledge and understanding of the sciences and health economics, and of people and their behavior, so our students graduate with the skills employers want.
- Student surveys report over 99% of our graduates feel prepared to enter pharmacy practice and over 90% would start their career at UMKC again if they were starting over, higher than the national average for four years straight.
- UMKC School of Pharmacy faculty are recognized regionally and nationally for their professional and community service, teaching and research. They are dedicated to advancing the profession through cutting edge research, care to the underserved, using the latest strategies in education, contributing to the professional and scientific literature and assuming leadership in state and national organizations and foundations.
Lead an engaged student life
- Each class currently accepts up to 155 students across the three sites. The students continue to make us proud with their individual accomplishments, their willingness to give back to their communities and make a difference in people’s lives, and in the way they represent the school locally, regionally and nationally.
- Our students can enhance their professional development, network with leaders in their field of interest and give back to the community through student chapters of the major national student organizations.
- Our students train with students in the other health professions so they are prepared to work as a team upon graduation.
- Our students care for the underserved through their volunteer efforts through the Shared Care Free Health Clinic and MedZou. Their commitment to projects such as Operation Diabetes, Project Outreach, ROOt for Health, Operation Immunization, Heartburn Awareness and Asthma Coalition reflects their desire to improve the health of all patient populations.
Not Just an Education But a Career
- Our graduates pass the licensing exams at rates higher than the national average, are highly competitive in the job market, and attain post-graduate year one residency and fellowship programs at or above the national average.