The School of Pharmacy academic advisers provide advising service to declared Pre-pharmacy students. Pharm.D. students have access to a range of resources to support them as they progress through the program. Specifically, all students are assigned a faculty adviser upon admission. Pharm.D. students also receive a wide array of support and services the Office of Student Affairs.Advising
What does the Office of Student Affairs do?
Future applicants and Pre-pharmacy students:
- Recruit the brightest and most enthusiastic students to attend UMKC for both their pre-pharmacy courses and the Pharm.D. program
- Oversee the admissions process
- Provide academic advising to UMKC pre-pharmacy students each semester on selecting appropriate prerequisite coursework
- Provide advice on how to be a competitive applicant to pharmacy school
- Help transfer courses to satisfy the Pharm.D. prerequisites
Current Pharm.D. students
- Degree checks
- Administration of the Student Success Program (link to document under Course and Program Policies)
- Assistance with course requirements and registration
- Assistance with internship applications for Kansas and Missouri Boards of Pharmacy
- Assistance with Pathway and enrollment
- Class composites
- Class schedules
- Course equivalencies for other Missouri and Kansas institutions of higher education
- Information about pharmacy internship positions
- School of Pharmacy tablecloth checkout
- Academic and social calendars postings
- School of Pharmacy special events
- Support for class officers and student organizations
Is advising required for pharmacy and pre-pharmacy students?
- Yes, for all pre-pharmacy students; they must meet with a pharmacy academic adviser each semester.
- Pharm.D. students are not required to meet with academic advisers but are encouraged to develop a relationship with the advising staff.
Who is my academic adviser?
- Academic advisers are not assigned. When students set up advising appointments, they can work with any of the academic advisors.
Additional Student Support Services and Other Important Resources – Kansas City (PDF)
Additional Student Support Services and Other Important Resources – Columbia (PDF)
Additional Student Support Services and Other Important Resources – Springfield (PDF)
UMKC School of Pharmacy Career Fair
The ideal opportunity for students and pharmacy professionals to meet face-to-face in a relaxed, convenient setting.
Location: UMKC Health Sciences Building
Vendor Registration: 8:30-9:00
Booth Time: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Interview Time: 9:00 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Over 30 companies and organizations across a wide swath of the pharmaceutical industry
- UMKC Doctor of Pharmacy students (from both Kansas City and Columbia campuses)
- UMKC graduate students in both Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology & Toxicology
- UMKC School of Nursing students
- For more information on our students’ career interests see the bottom of the page
Full booth package – $500 – Registration is now open. Click on the link titled “Career Fair Registration for Employers”
- Face-to-face interaction with UMKC School of Pharmacy students as well as the opportunity to interview.
- Draped six foot table with company signage
- Name and contact info provided in informational booklet provided to students
- Interview space
- Student names of graduating seniors, including contact information and career interests
- Morning refreshments
- Lunch for representatives
- Parking tags
Residency information has moved to http://pharmacy.umkc.edu/pharm-d/residencies/