Roger W. Sommi
Roger W. Sommi, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPP
Associate Dean for the UMKC SOP at MU
Professor of Pharmacy Practice & Administration and Psychiatry
UMKC Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine
2464 Charlotte Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
UMKC School of Pharmacy at MU
807 Lewis Hall
Columbia, MO 65211-4530
Western Missouri Mental Health Center
Psychopharmacy Research and Education Program
1000 East 24th Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
Dr. Sommi's area of research interest is primarily in outcomes associated with drug treatment of schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders. His practice is primarily associated with the ongoing projects in the research program. He is a consultant with several community mental health centers. He is also involved with the local Kansas City NAMI as an instructor in the Crisis Intervention Team training program for local law enforcement agencies.
- Nelson LA, Sommi RW. Antipsychotic cost-effectiveness. Perspectives in Psychiatry 2007;3:3-6.
- Stoner SC, Nelson LA, Lea JW, Marken PA, Sommi RW, Dahmen MM. Historical Review of Carbamazepine for the Treatment of Bipolar Disorder. Pharmacotherapy 2007;27(1):66-88.
- Garavalia L, Marken PA, Sommi RW. Selecting Appropriate Assessment Methods: Asking the Right Questions. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2002;66:108-112.
- House NA, Sommi RW. Defining response and attaining therapeutic goals for depression. J Pharm Pract 2001;14(6):453-456.
- Bowles T, Sommi RW, Amiri, M. Successful Management of Prolonged GHB and Alcohol Withdrawal. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001;21(2):254-257.
- Lee TT, Ziegler JK, Sommi RW, Sugar C, Mahmoud R, Lenert L. Comparison of Preferences for Health Outcomes in SchizophreniaAmong Stakeholder Groups. J Psychiatric Research 2000;34(3):201-210.
- Lenert LA, Ziegler J, Lee T, Sommi R, Mahmoud R. Differences in Health Values Among Patients, Family Members, and Providers for Outcomes in Schizophrenia. Medical Care 2000;38(10):1011-1021.
- Beckman SE, Sommi RW, Switzer J. Consumer use of St. John's Wort: a survey on effectiveness, safety and tolerability. Pharmacotherapy .2000;20-568-574.
- A 24-Week, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Dose Ranging Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Doses of AVE1625 5, 10, and 30 mg and Placebo on Top of an Established Treatment Regimen of Either Olanzapine, Risperidone/Paliperidone, Quetiapine, or Aripiprazole Monotherapy in the Treatment of Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia. Sanofi aventis. With Dellenbaugh T, Nelson LA, Tyson R, Patel M, Winans E, and Hunter J.
- The Paliperidone ER Outcomes Study of Schizophrenia Patient in Typical Clinical Practice. Ortho-McNeil Janssen. With Patel M, Nelson LA , and Hunter J.
- Schizophrenia and Cannabis: Effects of Clozapine. Dartmouth University and National Institute on Drug Abuse. Through Dartmouth University with Allen Green as PI, with Jarvis, S, Hunter, J, Patel, M., Nelson L, Lea J.
- Predicting Response to Risperidone Treatment Through Identification of Early-onset of Antipsychotic Drug Action in Schizophrenia. With Dellenbaugh T, Patel M, Lea J, Nelson L and Hunter J.
- Risperidone Long-acting in Alcohol and Schizophrenia Treatment. Dartmouth University and Janssen Pharmaceutica. Through Dartmouth University with Allen Green as PI, with Jarvis, S, Hunter, J, Kahn, S, and Patel, M.
- Double-Blind Randomized Study Comparing IM Olanzapine Depot with Placebo in the Treatment of Patients with Schizophrenia and Open Label Study of Olanzapine Depot in Patients with Schizophrenia. With Dellenbaugh T and Hunter J.
- Randomized, Double-blind, Olanzapine Referenced Parallel-Group Safety and Efficacy Study of Bifeprunox in Schizophrenia. With Dellenbaugh T and Hunter J.
- Efficacy of High Dose Olanzapine in a Controlled Fixed Dose Response Trial for the Treatment of Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder. With Dellenbaugh, T and Hunter J.